Sunday, January 22, 2012

Welcome Abigail Katelyn Carney!








When John and I found out in August that we were having a little girl, the big question was.... What will she look like?? John and I look completely different. John is 6'3", dark hair, dark skin, and dark eyes. I am 5'2", light hair, light skin, and light eyes. What will Abby Kate look like? Light features or dark features???
I had a wonderful pregnancy. I did not experience morning sickness; however I was extremely tired during my first and third trimester. I loved feeling her move around in my belly! It was such a strange feeling that I really miss now that she is here. I have to admit that around 30 weeks, I was ready for her to be here. I knew she was going to be a large, healthy baby. I felt like she was kicking me in my ribs! :) I did love feeling her little hiccups!
Saturday December 17th, my water broke while John and I were eating spaghetti on the couch. I called the hospital to make sure it was my water breaking... and they initially said that it wasn't. So I sat back down to eat. John googled "symptoms of water breaking" and we watched this YouTube video with a doctor explaining different symptoms. Welp while watching this video...... the doctor said... "some feel a pop in the belly". Right after she said that, I felt a pop. It scared me to death. I stood up and then came my water! I was scheduled to be induced on the 21st so everything wasn't packed. I had her bag packed and a few of my things but not everything. We rushed to get our things together and head to the hospital. When we got to the hospital around 8pm, I was 3cm dilated and my contractions were not that strong. BUT boy did that change quickly! 30 minutes later I was already 7 cm and in a ton of pain! I was scared to death that I would not be able to get an epidural because I was still on my first bag of saline, and I was dilating quickly. FINALLY when I was around 8 cm, I was able to get my epidural, however it didn't fully take the first time. I can honestly say that labor contractions are the most pain I have ever experienced. Poor John was freaking out because I could barely talk. He accidently spilled an entire sprite on my head! :)




At 2:09 am we got to meet little miss Abby Kate! She had the most beautiful head of black hair! I never knew you could love someone so much! I cannot explain the feeling I had when I got to meet her for the first time. After months of pondering who she would look like.... She looks just like her daddy! However, I think she looks like my baby pictures. What do you think?














No comments:

Post a Comment